Tuesday, November 4, 2008

IT'S OFFICIAL...


WE'RE EXPECTING!
Introducing (drum roll, please...)...TATOR TOT!

Well, it's sorta official. I haven't told my coworkers yet...that is coming this Friday, but I just had to say it! Not like anyone looks at this thing anyway, right? I actually found out on Sunday, September 21st...and kept it from Brett until Monday night! That was hard! We went out to eat at On the Border and I had him open a gift. It was a Pitt State newborn shirt from my Build-A-Bear. It still had the tags on it and everything. I had our waitress take pics. She obviously wasn't a scrapbooker b/c they look like crap with the lighting, but oh well. Brett was pleasantly surprised and I'm going nuts keeping my secret this long!

I have so much to say, but don't want to type it all, so I will post the pics of our first sonogram from October 24th...I was 9 weeks 6 days.

Here's the low down: I was freaking out b/c I have never had my blood drawn. I got my blood pressure taken and they were a little concerned...it was like 178/74! I started crying and they wondered what in the heck was wrong with me. I broke down and told them about my needle drama. I asked them if my husband could come with me. He held my hand as I listened to my iPod "I Got 99 Problems but a B*$%H Ain't One". I know, it's really not appropriate, but it was the first thing that came on and I blared it so loud I have no clue what they were all talking about. Needless to say, it didn't hurt at all. But when you grow up passing out from getting your ears pierced, getting stung by bees, and then passing out in an elevator after a TB skin test, you have the right to be nervous about them sucking 3 bottles of blood from your scrawny little arms!!!

Oh yes, and the important part....I'm due May 23rd! Right after school's out...boy can we plan'em!



4 comments:

Angel Gabi's Mommy said...

WOHOOOOOOOO!!! I cannot wait;)

Chaffin Channel said...

YEAH!!! Officially, congrats to you and Brett. You are going to be awesome parents and Diesel will be a great big brother. Braden wanted to buy him a book the other day, because remember...he can read. :)

So happy for you guys.

Barb said...

OMG!!! Congratulations! How exciting... I am so happy for you guys and can't wait to you!

Megan said...

Oh my!!! You and are due at the same time!!! Congrats.